[olug] Systems Engineer - Grinnell, Iowa.

Michael Osten mosten at bleepyou.com
Fri Nov 17 14:41:23 UTC 2006

Hope this isn't considered off-topic, but I'd rather present to semi-
local at least before blasting to the world.  I am not a recruiter,
this person would report directly to me.

We have a Systems Engineer position open at a large regional
telephone company that is also a top 25 in the world (by subscriber
base) ISP.  This position consists of maintaining a 24/7 99% (one
token special purpose Solaris box) FOSS environment, developing new
products, and final root cause escalation.  Environment is a mix of
Debian and RedHat ES and various open source software.  This is pure
systems, no networking.

Ideal candidate would have very strong Linux experience, preferably
in a large connection environment, strong Perl, and experience
working in a corporate setting.  New ISP Systems members are issued a
new Mac Powerbook (we don't do Windows in our department).

If you are the right person, you will be interviewed.....quickly.
Salary is competitive and we have excellent benefits (2 weeks
vacation first year, 4 after 5 years, large yearly bonus, great
medical, 5 personal/sick, 11 holidays).

Please send resumes directly to me for immediate consideration.