[olug] New Open Source Project out at Sourceforge

Aaron Grothe ajgrothe at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 5 04:22:20 UTC 2006

Hey Guys,

I've just put out the first public release of Vipaka.  Vipaka is
a program to help monitor Oracle Databases.  Vipaka is a kind of
Big Brother for databases.

Vipaka is a fork of a program called Karma written by Sean Hull
years ago.  I have been maintaing my own version to deal with
Perl changes and have decided to release the project to the public.
I've also revamped the graphics a bit, fixed a couple of bugs
and have updated the docs a little.

Nagios has some plugins as does Big Brother, but I still prefer
Vipaka to them for straight database monitoring.

The URL for the project is http://vipaka.sourceforge.net

If you're interested please take a look.  If you have any feedback
please let me know.

Regards,

Aaron
-=-=-
"The Journey is the Reward" - Old Zen Buddhist Saying