[olug] Document Image Type Recognition

Daniel Linder dan at linder.org
Fri Nov 3 20:04:28 UTC 2006

I'd agree with Nick -- this sounds like just a slightly more advanced
image/character recognition program that was an assignment in my Neural
Nets many years ago.

For another option, would there happen to be a unique barcode somewhere on
the document that could be found and used to help identify it?  Might go a
lot further than trying to identify the whole image if you can find the
barcode and use it...

Good luck -- keep us informed what you find.

Dan

On 11/3/06, Nick Veys <psylence519 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe give this a try? http://www.imgseek.net/
>
> Otherwise, I imagine UNO has a few Neural Net students itching for
> final projects. :)

- - - -
"Wait for that wisest of all counselors, time." -- Pericles
"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them." -- Isaac Asimov
"Soon we will be able to harness the rotational energy from Orwell's grave
to solve all world energy problems." -- /. user GigsVT (208848)
GPG fingerprint:6FFD DB94 7B96 0FD8 EADF  2EE0 B2B0 CC47 4FDE 9B68