[olug] Document Image Type Recognition

Todd Christopher Hamilton netarttodd at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 13:39:02 UTC 2006

I am looking for an application that can "look" at a scanned image and
determine what class/category/type the document is based on general
layout/look compared to other document images. For instance the system
looks at an image and says "bases on the document image templates I
have stored in a certain directory, this specific looks like a Bergan
Mercy Patient Discharge Summary" or "right this looks like a Methodist
Hospital History and Physical"

It might be called like this:
  docrec --template_directory=/var/docrec/templates/
--confidence_threshold=80 image1.tiff

It might return this:
  file_name: image1.tiff
  doc_type: Bergan Mercy Patient Discharge Summary
  confidence: 83.5

Todd