[olug] remote password changes

gregory at r3g.net gregory at r3g.net
Wed May 31 17:53:39 UTC 2006

The primary technology will involve ssh-agent and perhaps a little utility called keychain. Overview: the keychain process retains the rsa or dsa key for presentation to ssh-agent when a remote login is initiated, thereby providing password-less login for remote admin.

It is a little tricky, but works very well when configured correctly. The keychain process is called from the user's shell rc or profile to work for those sessions. Google and man pages should help you for the specifics.

//gregory at r3g.net

>Subject: 	[olug] remote password changes

>Hi All,

>I am trying to write a script that will reference a list of >machine
>names and then connect to each one through ssh to change a >users
>password.

>SSH can connect to each server without prompting for a >password
>(authorized_keys).
>I am not a very good script writer, so any help would be >greatly
>appreciated.

>Thanks,
>Patrick

Gregory W Zill, MBA

Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world - you had to walk into mine.    ~Casablanca