[olug] [Macintosh] Powermac G3, Ubuntu, and OS X

Daniel Linder dan at linder.org
Thu May 18 19:44:02 UTC 2006

On Thu, May 18, 2006 14:23, Phil Brutsche wrote:

> You have a RTU (right to use) for any version of MacOS you like,

> provided it will run on the machine.  Some G3 machines won't OS X

> period, some G3 machines will only run OS X through 10.2 or so.
You

> might have to check a couple Mac-specific lists to find out which
will

> and which won't.

> Since you got the license with the machine, all you need to do is
find

> someone that will loan you media.  It's not downloadable from
Apple.

Thanks -- I was thinking that was the case (RTU), but my last in-depth
exposure to Apples was many years ago.

So, anyone have an older OS X cd that they would like to loan so I can
make an ISO image of it?

Dan

- - - -

"Wait for that wisest of all counselors, time." -- Pericles

"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them." -- Isaac
Asimov

"Soon we will be able to harness the rotational energy from Orwell's
grave to solve all world energy problems." -- /. user GigsVT
(208848)

GPG fingerprint:6FFD DB94 7B96 0FD8 EADF  2EE0 B2B0 CC47 4FDE 9B68