[olug] sftp vs. FTPS?

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Fri May 12 16:31:50 UTC 2006

On Fri, 12 May 2006, Matt Anderson wrote:
> glib is a C utility library that was split off from GTK+ years ago
> (very soon after, I think, GTK+ was split off from the GIMP).  I
> don't believe that it has any true dependencies on X, but the build
> process may (or may not).

Ahh, crystal clear now. :)  Thanks for the info!

> gFTP is a graphical (Gnome) client, isn't it?

The docs led me to believe that there were graphical and command line
components in the distribution, so I thought I could just do the command
line. The GLIB dependency scared me off. I didn't know what it was and
their website was way over my head.

avoids the deep magic