[olug] Microsoft Vista: Not 'People Ready'

Eric Lusk wyrmzr72 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 28 14:16:58 UTC 2006

That was my point; let the script kiddies of the world
exploit Windows.  That way they won't mess with my
Linux system.  Every piece of software has bugs, as
the result of someone having to pore over thousands,
if not millions, of lines of code.  You can only go so
long without making some kind of mistake.
And in the process of writing viruses and spyware for
Windows, they give me something to repair on a
day-to-day basis.
And if you've ever seen a group of Esperanto speakers
in their meetings, they tend to spend a lot of time
arguing over how things should be pronounced.  It's
rather interesting to watch.

--- Jay Hannah <jay at jays.net> wrote:

> Eric Lusk wrote:
> > Of course, so many people and businesses never
> look at
> > the long-term cost, not even a few months, or even
> > just weeks, into their purchase..
> > It also gives the hackers something to spend their
> > time exploiting, and lets them leave the Mac and
> *nix
> > systems of the world alone.
>
> If everyone used Linux/Mac wouldn't there be 1000
> times more bugs and exploits released for it?
> Wouldn't it be targeted more by script kiddies?
> Wouldn't people find more inventive/evil ways to
> break it? Wouldn't it end up with the reputation of
> being instable/insecure regardless of how good the
> kernel is? (Sure, probably a better reputation than
> Windows thanks to different OS design decisions for
> stability, but isn't part of the reputation thanks
> to low popularity?)
>
> Way OT: If everyone used Esperanto wouldn't in
> devolve into the confusing, difficult to learn mess
> that English is? (If so isn't Esperanto just an
> academic exercise?)

https://www.ericshaus.com
Alcohol and Calculus don't mix.  Never drink and derive.