[olug] flaky KVM, four KVM cables

OBrien, Timothy IrishMASMS at olug.org
Sun Mar 19 22:15:18 UTC 2006

<quote who="Phil Brutsche">
> Belkin downright sucks, IME IOGear isn't necessarily much better.
>
> Might I suggest an Avocent?
>
> http://www.avocent.com/web/en.nsf/Content/SwitchViewPC-4port

I have found Belkin to be hit & miss. Had a 12 port rackmount that worked
great at the old job. Some 2 port desktop models were hit & miss, one had
the mouse stopped working and Belkin refused to give out any info to our
electronic repair folks. Their suggestion was to go purchase another - and
I had zero money to do so.

So I scavanged some IOGear two porters, which seemed to work ok up until I
left that job & moved out to Sin City. Stopped by the IOGear booth at CES
last year - and I can not get off of their dam spam list.

Looking through NewEgg for a hard drive a few months ago, I caught a
special on a Zonet 4 port KVM (KVM3004) for $30. Been great so far.

--
Timothy "Irish" O'Brien

A: No.
Q: Should I include e-mail quotations after my reply?
An often repeated quote on news.admin.net-abuse.email:
<I>
"Spam is not about content, it is about consent".
</i>