[olug] Anyone used wireless vga access point

Hurley Rod RHurley at TMVGAS.COM
Mon Mar 6 17:23:03 UTC 2006

I have seen some wireless access points that use the 802.11 network to
connect to a projector.  Anyone use one of these?

http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/KJ-200.htm

http://www.projectorpeople.com/screens/wijet.asp

http://grandtec.com/wirelessVGA.htm

I know they work for static data, but has anyone used them with
streaming stuff like motion slides?  I talked with the Wijet folks and
they said it is sluggish.  My question is HOW sluggish?  I don't care
about the presentability factor as much as seeing the motion.  We do
tech demos and want to show the action we are doing, not just the slide.

If it is worth the money, I won't pull and terminate 60 feet of RGB
cable along with conduit under the floor if I don't need to.

Rod Hurley