[olug] Sendmail

Phil Brammer olug at wjjeep.com
Mon Jun 26 18:15:05 UTC 2006

On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 09:32:02AM -0500, Craig Wolf wrote:
> I had NOT perused the /var/log/mail but I just did.  Here is an excerpt from the file..can someone help me digest/explain it?

Have you logged into the root account to see what mail has arrived and what messages might be included?

I assume this is not supposed to be an external mailserver, correct?  If you are trying to send mail to this host from another server (internal/external) you'll need to ensure that you have appropriate MX records setup in DNS as well.

But first, as others have stated, ensure that sendmail is listening on the network interface and not just localhost.

Phil