[olug] [Wftl-lug] K3b and cdrecord command.

Nick Veys psylence519 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 01:42:42 UTC 2006

All those 'Operation Not Permitted' suggests permission issues.  On my
Ubuntu installation group writes are only allowed by members of the
'cdrom' group, as shown here:

nick at happy ~ $ ls -l /dev/hd{c,d}
brw-rw---- 1 root cdrom 22,  0 2006-06-16 21:52 /dev/hdc
brw-rw---- 1 root cdrom 22, 64 2006-06-16 21:52 /dev/hdd

Those are my burners, owned by root:cdrom...

Open a konsole and type 'groups' to see what groups you are a member
of, if you are not in the cdrom group, that may be a place to start.
To add yourself to it, 'usermod -G cdrom -a YOURUSERNAME', or use
whatever user editor KDE has included to check the 'cdrom' group
box...

If that doesn't do anything we can keep hacking. :)