[olug] Simple local network script

Jack jdunn110 at cox.net
Sun Jun 18 01:23:08 UTC 2006

Sorry to bother you guys (and gals?), but I could use a simple script
for the following:

    I am using sftp to move files from one computer to another in my
home network.  I use MandrivaLinux 2006 on both machines.
    I always enter in the same commands on the same machine.  The
commands are:

sftp 192.168.1.214
(then I put in the password and when I am in the sftp shell I type:)
put /home/jd/Sneakernet/* /home/jd/Sneakernet
bye

I just want to have to type a five letter or so script command at the
command prompt

Any help would be appreciated.  No elaborate security needed, this is
just a local home network.

Thanx,

    Jack