[olug] failed hard drive, ntfs partitioned (probably) data recovery

Daniel Linder dan at linder.org
Sun Jul 30 20:48:10 UTC 2006

You might want to point your friend to SpinRite -- I've heard it can do
quite a bit with semi-functional HDDs...

http://www.grc.com/sr/spinrite.htm

Dan

> <quote who="Matthew Anderson">
>> I have a friend who recently had a drive fail in a windows 2000
>> desktop computer.  It was probably partitioned ntfs (he's not
>> positive).  There is at least some data on there he feels it's quite
>> important to recover.

- - - -
"Wait for that wisest of all counselors, time." -- Pericles
"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them." -- Isaac Asimov
"Soon we will be able to harness the rotational energy from Orwell's grave
to solve all world energy problems." -- /. user GigsVT (208848)
GPG fingerprint:6FFD DB94 7B96 0FD8 EADF  2EE0 B2B0 CC47 4FDE 9B68