[olug] Slightly OT: COX digital channel numbers (mythTV users?)

Sean Kelly smkelly at zombie.org
Mon Jul 24 19:55:32 UTC 2006

On Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 12:36:32PM -0500, Ryan Stille wrote:
> > That said, since I do not pay for their HD tier, I do not have access to
> > the TNT-HD, ESPN-HD, and other HD channels. I can't capture them, I can't
> > watch them, and I can't generally touch them at all. This, to me, implies
> > that they are encrypted.
> >
> > So, I'm guessing you're going to be pretty much limited to CBS, NBC, FOX,
> > ABC, and PBS.
> >

> Hmmm.. So when you tune to 819, you don't get TNT-HD? The tech on the
> phone told me that Cox doesn't charge specifically for the HD channels,
> but they do rent the HD cable box so you can pick them up.  Their
> website seems to support that also:
> http://cox.com/omaha/digitalcable/hdtv_faqs.asp#What will HDTV cost?

Hmm. Looking at the pricing and the chanenl guides, it looks like you're
right. I could swear that TNT did not work for me at some point. Either
they changed it or I've insaned. I will try it when I get home tonight.

--
Sean Kelly         | PGP KeyID: D2E5E296
smkelly at zombie.org | http://www.zombie.org