[olug] Kubuntu sound and mounting external drives

Charles Bird thebirdman at operamail.com
Sun Jul 23 04:45:51 UTC 2006

modprobe ntfs
make a directory to mount ntfs in and then check fstab and enter the appropriate info for the mounted fs, U should be able to figure it out if u look at the other mounts, u just follow the rest of fstab way of inputing the mounts and it should work.
There might be a quicker and fancier way in Kubuntu , but this is the way i learned how to do it.
As far as sounds goes, I'm not too sure as to what drivers u are using for your chipset or what would work.
I suspect that the actual cause might be a "mixer" or other sound setting that is not bumped up as far as your previous settings...this should be accessable from gui and may require some looking around.

Have a good night/day and B cool.
Charles