[olug] Need a program for my wife

Noel Leistad noel at metc.net
Fri Jul 21 02:47:39 UTC 2006

weather bug again!!

Fully customizable for "balloon-help" forecast, pick your pieces of info
from the options configure screen. Can set days to view. Even add
multiple profiles and have them auto rotate. Track home and work for
commuter, home and vacation home for the fortunate...

Once upon a time there was a for which nearly quadrupled the radar
image, thought that was pretty cool, but not sure if it's still updated.

Eric Lusk wrote:
> Forecastfox works quite well.  Weather alerts, current
> temp, etc.  And not as much of a memory hog as so many
> other programs...
>
> --- Don Kauffman <dekauff at cox.net> wrote:
>

>> I know it worked with Suse 9.3 and Gnome. It's also
>> available with
>> Ubuntu. Didn't try to get it working with KDE since
>> I'm not a KDE
>> person.
>>
>> Firefox has a forecast fox extension or plugin. I
>> don't know the status
>> of that since FF 1.5. I used it on 1.2. Craig Wolf
>> might be able to tell
>> us more about that since he's the one that clued me
>> into it in the first
>> place.
>>
>> Son
>>
>> On Thu, 2006-07-20 at 20:43 -0500, Mike Peterson
>> Charles wrote:
>>
>>> There is a weather report applet for Gnome and one
>>>
>> of the latest Linux
>>
>>> magazines in the last few months installed it on
>>>
>> KDE.
>>
>>> It comes standard on Simply Mepis 6 RC3 on KDE and
>>>
>> Red Hat/CentOS/Fedora on
>>
>>> Gnome.
>>> What Desktop are you running with SUSE (KDE or
>>>
>> GNOME)?

>>> Bill