[olug] Slightly OT: COX digital channel numbers (mythTV users?)

Noel Leistad noel at metc.net
Thu Jul 20 16:56:07 UTC 2006

coworker that runs our cabletv plant says the info exists in the
datastream, but if it's encrypted...premium channels, or just on their
whim for the entire hi-def tier, you might be SOL....? I don't get it
all, but depends on ability to receive QAM64, QAM256?? whatever is
coming your way re: their system....assignment to channels in the
datastream sounds pretty arbitrary to a novice like me.

Daryl J. Rue wrote:

>Are you using a HDTV PVR card?  What are you using?  I think you just going
>to have to go through the channels and figure them out as I have never seen
>a compiled list.  I have been able to pick up other folks payperviews
>scanning through the 70.x series, if I remember correctly.
>
>Daryl

#  Noel Leistad                                       #
#  noel at metc.net                                      #