[olug] Employer Reputaion?

Kenton Brede kbrede at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 12:49:38 UTC 2006

On 7/10/06, Charles Bird <thebirdman at operamail.com> wrote:
> I saw and always see postings for "infoUSA".
> Whats the deal with that?
> I see a job for them that I think I would be perfect for...however, I am a bit concerned about the frequent postings from them..are they kinda like first data where they will yell and scream in your face and kick dirt on your new white socks and get layedoff every time the pres sneezes?
>  Super geek boy needs a jobbie job but I dont want to look for work again in 2 months.(its stressful)

I interviewed with them for a Unix admin position last year.  Prior to
the interview he was very insistent on knowing my salary requirements.
 I had listed my salary requirements as "negotiable."  He emailed me
after receiving my resume inquiring about my salary requirements.  I
explained I needed to see the full package they offered and then would
negotiate.  I didn't hear back from him for a month or so and had
forgotten about it.  Then I got notification he would like to
interview me.  He was very relaxed, the job sounded like a dream job.
He said he tried his best to keep people at 40 hours a week and that
weekend on call was rotating.  I asked him why he had so many job
openings and he said the company was continuously purchasing data sets
from smaller companies and then bringing the information into their
facility.  After we were done with the interview he told me it was
down to one other person and myself.  Then he gave me a tour.  I think
the interview and tour took around an hour and a half.  I was feeling
pretty good.

I didn't hear anything back the next week as he promised and receive a
rejection letter sometime after that.  I emailed him at that point and
inquired how I could make myself more attractive in terms of skills,
etc to the company.  He didn't reply.  I sent him an email the next
week just to make sure he didn't miss my first mail.  He seemed like a
pretty busy guy.  No reply.

That's about all I know.  I think the last name of the guy I
interviewed with was Osborn.
hth,
Kent

--
"It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can stop him
 from lynching me, and I think that's pretty important." - Martin