[olug] SCO UNIX/LINUX help needed

Charles Bird thebirdman at operamail.com
Thu Jan 12 19:35:27 UTC 2006

I am trying to copy some files from a UNIX app that is very important and the usual command to do this is not working as I "planned"

#cp /mnt/cdrom/filename.z /var/holdingtank/  <-- thats what i type and I get this after about 30 seconds...
cp: reading '/mnt/cdrom/filename.z': Input/output error
#

Is there a way to get a more verbose message about the error?
The cd I am reading is superclean on the surface, and I can cp other files off this disc, not this one though.
These files are for a "OOOOOLLLLDDDD" SCO Open Server Box and I am cp to Slackware.
Any Ideas?