[olug] FileManager Recommendations?

Mike Hostetler hostetlerm at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 16:43:05 UTC 2006

On 1/6/06, Charles Bird <thebirdman at operamail.com> wrote:
> I am wanting to get another FM besides mc on this old slack box, I am looking for light weight and drag and drop... in ice or fluxbox desktop.
> I was wondering if anyone has seen anything new, or interesting for me to try, stability isnt a requirement unless  the FM is known to crash by just looking at it. ;)
> Thanks in advance.

http://applications.linux.com/article.pl?sid=05/02/23/2226202&tid=13

I've used Gentoo (the FM, and the unrelated distro. :) and it's
lightweight and powerful but continuing support is iffy.

Not on the list is one I use occasionally is emelFM2.
http://emelfm2.net/

Holy wars aside, if you are an emacs user, it's hard to beat Dired.

--
Mike Hostetler
http://mike.hostetlerhome.com/