[olug] Local Omaha Tech Support for Open Source VOIP?

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 18:10:33 UTC 2006

Would you be comfortable recommending Asterisk or another open source
telephony solution to one of your clients?   If something goes wrong
with an open source telephone system, would you feel comfortable that
there will be enough very experienced support people in Omaha that
could rush over to your client and fix whatever issue just arose?
Do any businesses in Omaha use Asterisk?

I am comfortable with fixing computers and more comfortable
troubleshooting and wiring home phone systems.  I became sort of
knowledgeable with numerous configuration settings in an unmanaged
Cisco ATA-186.  I missed the Asterisk presentation, so i have never
seen it in action or know much about it, but i assume it is much much
more complicated than a single line analog telephone adapter.  I am
wondering how much backup there is in Omaha for deploying it?