[olug] Looking for contributors for an Open-Source project

Kris Gainsforth krisguy at krisguy.com
Mon Feb 27 20:56:46 UTC 2006

Jay Swackhamer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am looking for C/PHP/Mysql interested people to assist with an
> open-source video broadcast system. Experience not required, everyone
> welcome.

  Jay, I don't have very much time, and I have not much experience with
  C/PHP/MySQL, but I would be willing to do work for you.  Programming
  (as I learn), plus I would also be able to Doc work for this.

> The system is being developed to be a broadcast TV-Station system, along
> with webcasting ability. This would be useful for those basement-cable-tv
> guys or other non-profit stations, or even just setting up webcasts of
> your vacation videos.

I love the idea of this project.  I would like to have something going
with my site to stream things.  Think of what this would mean to
schools, churches, non-profits!
> I hope to get the product to a general release stage in the next
> month or two. I have the foundation done, but am looking for people
> to help with the OSD portion/efficient PHP scripts/etc...
> Without the income funding the project, I cannot use the short-route
> of paid developers, and cannot put-off income producing projects when
> they come in, but am working on the project when I would otherwise be
> non-productive. I am hoping that the project will produce a revenue
> stream for support/feature requests for all involved.
I don't think anyone on this list would be doing what they were doing
without anyone's donated time, so I would like to start this off.
E-mail me off thread with anything you would need to know

--
Kris "krisguy" Gainsforth
Lincoln, NE, USA
kri7111-+-+-sguy at krisguy.com