[olug] Using USB Memory stick for portability

Bill Brush bbrush at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 18:52:03 UTC 2006

Ok, this may not work for you, but I use iFolder for this.  Admittedly
it's a Novell product we pay for, but iFolder3 has an open source
project that you could use. (Or you could buy Novell Open Enterprise
server and get the Enterprise version, but that's probably more than
you want to deal with for just yourself)

Ifolder is a little client app that monitors certain directories that
you designate "iFolders".  When a file in that dir changes it uploads
the changed data (not necessarily the whole file) to the server.  Any
other machine running iFolder on your account will automatically
download the updates on it's next sync.  Quite frankly it's an app
that I couldn't live without.

Bill