[olug] Using USB Memory stick for portability

Kris Gainsforth krisguy at krisguy.com
Fri Feb 24 18:25:28 UTC 2006

I'm trying to come up with an idea to keep my bookmarks, calendar, and
newsgroup settings with me at all times.  I like the idea of Portable
Firefox, etc., but I switch between Linux, Windows, and Macs all the
time.  I found a Bookmark plugin for Firefox that exports to an XML
file, and that works great, but I'm looking for the same thing for
Sunbird and Thunderbird, for my calendar and newsgroups.  What ideas do
you guys have?  Would it be easier for me to build a server to use to
sync up this stuff, or is my idea of using a USB stick good?

--
Kris "krisguy" Gainsforth
Lincoln, NE, USA
krisguy at krisguy.com