[olug] used PC monitor?

OBrien, Timothy IrishMASMS at olug.org
Wed Feb 15 19:12:38 UTC 2006

<quote who="Eric Lusk">
> My parents just fried a 17" monitor, and I can't see
> them spending for a new one on retirement income.
> Anyone have, or know where I can find, a good used
> monitor, preferably in the 17" range, locally?
> I know they're hit or miss when buying used, but I'll
> pick them up a a 19" once I've got the cash readily
> available; I'll be installing a new vid card I have
> laying around here to replace their TNT2 while I set
> up their 17" monitor...
> TIA

What exactly was fried in the CRT? I found a fellow in Blair that fixed
monitors relatively inexpensively; hell if I can find the contact
information. Try talking to the Electronics instructors at Metro, they
might be able to vector you in the right direction.

There is also the Electronic Recyclers in Downtown Omaha; and Army Surplus
Sales over in CB. Not to mention Craig's list...

Or possibly getting one for free from someone on Freecycle...

--
Timothy "Irish" O'Brien

A: No.
Q: Should I include e-mail quotations after my reply?
An often repeated quote on news.admin.net-abuse.email:
<I>
"Spam is not about content, it is about consent".
</i>