[olug] Distro Thoughts

Kenton Brede kbrede at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 14:43:11 UTC 2006

On 2/15/06, Joe Gulizia <jrguliz at yahoo.com> wrote:

<snip>

> What distro would work best (in your opinion NO wars
> please) for me?

Joe,
I would take another crack at Ubuntu if I were you.  It works with
removable media fine.  My desktop and laptop run Ubuntu with 2.6
kernel.  I did have to mess around with getting Ubuntu to
automatically detect my PDA, but that is the only configuring I had to
do, in terms of auto detection/mounting.  I've used external hard
drives, thumb drives, floppies and my iaudio ogg player.
Kent

--
"It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can stop him
 from lynching me, and I think that's pretty important." - Martin