[olug] Xen 3.0 LiveCD recommendation

Sean Kelly smkelly at zombie.org
Thu Feb 9 22:14:16 UTC 2006

On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 04:08:38PM -0600, Craig Wolf wrote:
> Got this from a local reseller of VMWare:

Out of curiosity, which one?

> Vmware did announce a Free virtualization product on Monday.
> Basically.. They are doing away with GSX server.

Get with the times, man! I've already got VMWare Server Beta installed with
six virtual machines on it. Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition, 2 RHEL
AS 3s, a RHEL AS 4, a Windows 2000 Pro, and a Windows XP. I had a Minix
earlier as well, but I had no productivy excuse to keep it around. Plus, I
crashed it when I SIGKILL'd /usr/sbin/inet.

It is definitely worth checking it out if you've not already. Even if
you've used VMWare Workstation before, this is a bit cooler.

--
Sean Kelly         | PGP KeyID: D2E5E296
smkelly at zombie.org | http://www.zombie.org