[olug] Xen 3.0 LiveCD recommendation

Bill Brush bbrush at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 01:28:24 UTC 2006

Where'd you hear they were making GSX free?  We've got 2 GSX servers
at work, and I haven't heard anything about that.

The big limitation with XEN at this point is that it will only do
guests that have a kernel modified to work with it, so no Windows or
basically anything that's not *nix.

We actually use VMware more for Windows to make upgrades, service
packs, and such easier.  If Windows wasn't so fragile it wouldn't be
so attractive to virtualize it.  IMO.

Bill