[olug] cisco VPN help needed

Steve Busby steve.busby at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 20:33:55 UTC 2006

Tim,

I've been using the Cisco VPN client successfully on both Linux (5 yrs) and
Mac OS X (2.5 yrs).

Make sure  logging is enabled on your client, also, is anybody available at
your work to look at the vpn concentrator logs when you try connecting?

What type of VPN concentrator/router/device are you connecting too?  What
type of authentication are you using?  Look at your transport protocol IPSEC
over UDP or TCP?  Are these ports open on your home firewall?  You are using
a firewall @ home--right?

Buz