[olug] Slightly OT: KVM's?

Sean Kelly smkelly at zombie.org
Mon Aug 28 21:11:44 UTC 2006

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 08:52:10AM -0500, Don Kauffman wrote:
> I'm in the market for a decent Electronic KVM with at least four ports.
> Wondering what people are using and how they like it?
>
> If someone would have one they'd like to sell, I'd be interested in
> taking a look. :-)

I have one of these and have no problems with it:
http://www.avocent.com/web/en.nsf/Content/SwitchViewMM-4port-USB2.0

Well okay, mine is the USB 1.1 one but who wants that?

On mine, it seems to have the ability to draw power from PS/2 or USB ports
or something. I can actually operate the thing without it being plugged in,
as long as one machine connected to it is powered. Kind of weird...

--
Sean Kelly          | PGP KeyID: D2E5E296
smkelly at smkelly.org | http://www.smkelly.org