[olug] Silly(?) question about evolution

Mario Steele eumario at trilake.net
Sun Aug 27 04:13:08 UTC 2006

Hey Carl,

Sorry for the late reply......

Carl Lundstedt wrote:
<snip>
> a) Something to the effect (I can't get it to do it right now) of "cannot
> start TLSCONNECT, not supported".  I assume this is because I had the
> encryption method set to TLS, which had worked in the past.

You will want to make sure OpenSSL is installed, and installed
properly.  Sometimes SuSE installs it incorrectly.  If it is installed,
make sure that it's properly registered within the /etc configuration
> b) Input/output error from server.  Cannot connect.  This comes up no matter
> what the encryption setting.
>
> I don't think its a server problem since Mac mail, thunderbird and kmail all
> seem quite happy with the server.
>
> I've tried deleting the .evolution directory and restarting but that doesn't
> seem to wipe my settings like it once did.

If deleting the $HOME/.evolution doesn't remove your settings, try
checking in $HOME/.kde/evolution or $HOME/.kde2/evolution or
$HOME/.kde/etc/evolution, something to that effect.  SuSE may have
decided to move the settings for Evolution to the KDE Directory, to keep
with the KDE structure.

If this don't work, let me know, I'll grab a copy of SuSE 10.1, and see
what I can make of it.

Mario Steele