[olug] WINE or VMWARE?

Kenny Kant kenny.kant at running-config.com
Mon Aug 14 12:51:38 UTC 2006

You do not need to get Crossover office in order to play Quicktime files
and/or Windows Media Files.  As stated below, the mplayer package will
allow you to do this.  Depending on the distro the you may or may not
need to get the w32 codecs for this to work.  I think Dapper has this
built into their Mplayer package? You will need to get the mplayer
package and the mozilla-mplayer plugin.

Crossover is another option which I have used in the past which does
work well and integrates seamlessly into your Gnome or KDE desktop (you
can even get iTunes ;) )

Kenny