[olug] WINE or VMWARE?

Joe Gulizia jrguliz at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 11 10:15:07 UTC 2006

Running Kubuntu Dapper Drake.

I have 1 application that Linux doesn't natively run.
QuickTime 6.5.2.

QuickTime 6.5.2 allows me to view a Live Videostream
of MP4 content within a .SDP container (Darwin
Streaming Server Protocol). I currently have QuickTime
6.5.2 loaded using WINE (although I have to fix it)
which is good as a standalone application (although I
could already view downloads via VLC).

I'd like to make Firefox or some other browser open
QuickTime as an embedded plug-in to view the streams
from the web page.

Would I be "better off" trying to setup VMWare for
this one app?

Thanks in advance.