[olug] Linux Scanner

Todd Christopher Hamilton netarttodd at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 13:42:03 UTC 2006

I am putting together a Linux based document imaging workstation where
the workstation scans a document, the user assigns a few indexing
attributes to the document and the document then moves on for review by
other users.  The image is then attached to a person's (patient) record
and called up later as needed.

Is anyone doing this now?  What would you recommend for a scanner?  Is
there an open source project already accomplishing this?  I expect to
scan around 100 8.5-11 documents a day.

Thanks for your advise.

Todd Christopher Hamilton
(402) 660-2787