[olug] Help me select a distrob

Eric Lusk wyrmzr72 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 19 03:49:15 UTC 2006

I've had no problems, but I'm also only running Apache
and ssh, so maybe if I tried SQL I'd be hosed.
I'll have to try OpenSuse on my workstation, since the
server's been stable.
Won't matter soon, though, as far as my server goes;
going to get hosting since I'm behing Cox's port 80
block...

--- Jake Churchill <jachurchill at cox.net> wrote:

> I agree.  I recently switched my server to Mandriva
> thinking that it'd
> make a better server software.  I was wrong.  Now
> just have to find time
> to switch back.  Maybe I'll try something more "fun"
> like Gentoo or Kororaa
>
> Will Langford wrote:
> > As an experiment, put a new version of the
> community Mandriva on a system to
> > act as a server.
> >
> > It was missing libraries like readline, there were
> no development packages
> > for it, etc.  Making postgres a bit ugly to use
> heh.
> >
> > Although I imagine it does fine as a desktop
> distro, I wouldn't suggest it
> > for anything more "interesting".
> >
> > -Will
> >

> > On 4/18/06, Jake Churchill <jachurchill at cox.net>
> wrote:
> >
> >> I used to use Mandriva and I'd definitely chose
> that over FC but I've
> >> since switched to OpenSuse which like Mandrive
> requires installing some
> >> 3rd party software but I really like it the best.

> Club
> for
> Mandriva,
> time I
> for a

> your
> seemed a
> many

> <thebirdman at operamail.com>

> FC5

=== message truncated ===

https://www.ericshaus.com
Alcohol and Calculus don't mix.  Never drink and derive.