[olug] Help me select a distrob

Eric Lusk wyrmzr72 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 18 05:29:31 UTC 2006

Mandriva is good, but if you're getting the free
version, you'll want to install some additional
packages that are left out, as compared to the Club
version.
Most of the items left out are still available for
download, and pretty often as .rpm files.
There is a Mandriva community site run by Mandriva,
but I believe that parts of that are restricted to
Club members, possibly more now than the last time I
was there.  But I usually get my support on a
per-program basis, so I haven't had to use them for a
while...

--- Nick Veys <psylence519 at gmail.com> wrote:

> It may be helpful for you to list out a few of your
> criteria you used
> to narrow your search.  To be honest, FC5 seemed a
> little half-baked
> at release time, though I know they have fixed many
> of the release
> issues.
>
> On 4/17/06, Charles Bird <thebirdman at operamail.com>
> wrote:
> > either one is a pretty safe bet.
> >
> > I think there is alot more helpful users on FC5
> than Mandriva. Having help is perhaps the most
> important thing when fresh into it.

https://www.ericshaus.com
Alcohol and Calculus don't mix.  Never drink and derive.