[olug] xcopy equivalent

Daniel Pfile daniel at pfile.net
Wed Sep 28 03:03:37 UTC 2005

rsync over ssh should do the trick:

rsync -avz -e ssh user at remotehose:/path/to/dir /path/to/local/dir

If you're looking for a backup app, rdiff-backup is nice. I use it to
mirror a machine nightly and can go back to any point in time for
however many days I specify. 45 days of history on a basic server
(4.5 gig used) only takes 6 gigs to store.

-- Daniel