[olug] xcopy equivalent

Jake Churchill jachurchill at cox.net
Wed Sep 28 02:51:38 UTC 2005

I have 2 boxes both running SuSE 9.3.  At work I use xcopy to sync data over
our network.  Is there a way to do that with Linux using scp or anything
else?  I read the man pages for scp and it didn't seem possible.  The main
reason I want something like xcopy is because I don't want to copy the
entire directory tree every time, I just want to copy new or changed files
and xcopy allows that, scp doesn't (as far as I can tell).

Does anyone know a way to sync drives in linux and only copy new or changed
files?