[olug] emachines/nforce

Jack Dunn jdunn110 at cox.net
Sat Sep 10 21:25:51 UTC 2005

I'm having trouble with an emachines AMD sempron-powered 1.8 Gig box
that I'm running Mandriva 10.2 on.   I notice performance and system
degradation after re-installing the OS (which I have done a number of
times).
    I recall seeing somewhere on the Nvidia site (it's an Nvidia
motherboard) that there is some incompatibility with a Linux kernal
version and the nforce motherboard.  Anybody know if that has been
resolved yet?  I can't find that site again - they hide it pretty well.
    Or any other suggestions...
    Thanx,

    Jack