[olug] Media Player issues in SUSE 9.3

Joe Gulizia jrguliz at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 14 15:53:40 UTC 2005

I recently upgraded frrom SUSE 9.1 to SUSE 9.3

Real Player 10 comes with the package.  I previously
had xine, MPlayer and Kaffeine on 9.1

I'm trying to stream and download SCOLA's mp4 files
and I used to be able to download them with SUSE 9.1

I am getting conflicts with codecs not being found in
Real Player

and
dependency issues with the others.

I tried downloading all the required rpm libraries
from the pac-man site that Adam Haeder gave a couple
of Installfests ago BUT they are either newer
libraries OR I 'm not putting them in in the right
order because I still can't get them to resolve the
dependency conflicts.