[olug] SUSE 9.3 issues

Bill Brush bbrush at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 15:04:05 UTC 2005

Well I've figured out how to change the login, and desktop back to the
KDE versions.  How to get the login manager back to the 9.1 version I
haven't figured out yet.

In /etc/sysconfig/displaymanager change the DISPLAYMANAGER= "xdm" line
to DISPLAYMANAGER= "kdm"

In the /etc/sysconfig/windowmanager change the DEFAULT_WM="<xxxx>" to
DEFAULT_WM="kde"

This change will require a reboot to take effect.

Bill (who's starting to think all this studying is starting to pay off)