[olug] InfoSec - VICE - Catch the Hookers!, Wed, 5pm

sul3n3t at cox.net sul3n3t at cox.net
Tue Oct 11 07:57:30 UTC 2005

VICE - Catch the Hookers!
Jamie Butler
Defcon 12 - 2004
http://www.defcon.org/html/defcon-12/dc-12-speakers.html#butler

Come, watch, and discuss this selected video.

Who: Anyone
Where: PKI Rm. 279 aka "War Room"
When: Wednesday, October 12th, 5pm
What: "This talk focuses on specific rootkit threats and more importantly, how intrusion-prevention software can be designed to detect these threats. Illustrated threats include direct kernel object manipulation (DKOM), hooking, and runtime code patching. We will release a new version of our freeware tool, called 'VICE', that can detect many of these rootkit threats."

Take care,
Justin Cummins