[olug] Homebrew wireless

Eric Penne epenne at olug.org
Mon Oct 10 23:02:45 UTC 2005

from a legal perspective it doesn't matter if the Antenna "meets" FCC
specs.  There really is no such thing as "meeting" FCC specs with an
antenna.  It isn't illegal to sell the antenna but it is illegal to use
equipment that violates FCC Part 15.

To conform to FCC Part 15 rules you have to test the RF portion with the
antenna.  In the test report submitted it clearly states the antennas that
have been tested with that RF portion.  I'll bet the Cantenna has not been
tested "officially" with any thing that has been submitted.

Eric Penne