[olug] external hard drive

Sam Tetherow tetherow at shwisp.net
Wed Oct 5 20:58:22 UTC 2005

Can you use other USB drives on the machine (usb flash for instance)?
Do you have the usb-storage module loaded (or compiled into the kernel)?
Does the USB system recognize the device when it is plugged in?
cat /proc/bus/usb/devices
Do you have the scsi-disk module loaded (or compiled into the kernel)?

I haven't used an external hard drive (other than USB flash drives) but
under USB I am betting that it is handled the same.

	Sam Tetherow
	Sandhills Wireless
	402-376-4752