***OLUG TAGS THIS AS SPAM*** Re: [olug] USB drive...

Sean Kelly smkelly at zombie.org
Mon Nov 28 20:22:53 UTC 2005

On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 01:46:25PM -0600, Noel Leistad wrote:
> Have a usb2.0 hard drive, currently formatted ntfs so not presently
> usable on FC4, which recognizes it and creates /mnt/PocketDrive mount
> point for /dev/sdb1
> //end fdisk print

That is a pretty messed up partition table. You sure that is being read
right and isn't corrupted? You sure there is NTFS on there somewhere?

> What a mess. Anyway, is any of this required for USB access. Can I blow
> it all away, create linux partition and mkfs the drive??

Blow it all away. You should be able to wipe the disk totally clean
(optional), make new partitions and a partition table, and new filesystems
without any problem.

> Will no longer work on WinXP, but OK for FC4 right??

Should be.

--
Sean Kelly         | PGP KeyID: D2E5E296
smkelly at zombie.org | http://www.zombie.org