[olug] Ok.. MythTV'ers... I give up!

roberson at olug.org roberson at olug.org
Sun Nov 27 21:32:05 UTC 2005

Not necesarily myth-tv specific... but I acquired a hauppage wintv-pvr-150
from a friend and am going coo coo for cocoa puffs.. the problem I am
having is getting the darn thing to tune properly, I have tried everything
in my powers to get this thing to work, from trying kernel 2.4 vs 2.6 and
ivtv versions 2.0 ( deprecated, I know ) to the bleeding edge ivtv-devel
(5.0) to selectively modprobing ivtv with all 10 tuner types I have found
via google (2,37,39,50,51,55 - and a few other. just for the thrill of it
)

If I load ivtv with tdda3997=0 and tuner=37 ... I can get mplayer to dump
the mpeg stream ( mplayer /dev/video0 ) but even rudementarily using
ivtcctl -r to manually tune the tuner I cannot get it to change
frequency...

I've spent a few hours on it and am about to give up... I have even tried
different distros:
knoppmyth, ubuntu, suse 10, FC4, blah blah blah...

Has ANYONE here gotten this card to work under linux? I have seen MANY
reports/howto's that say yes - but I am obviously missing something
stupid!