[olug] OT: Doc Searls Essay on the Future of the Internet

Dave Thacker dthacker9 at cox.net
Thu Nov 17 14:06:02 UTC 2005

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8673

Since this isn't "pure linux", I've marked it as OT, but I don't think this is
off-topic for this group.  We live and breathe this environment every day.
Searl has done an analysis of the current telecom/provider environment and has
assessed the threats to the future openess of the internet.  He then makes a
recommendation on how to work against threats.   I agree with many of his
points.
This site is slashdotted now, so you may want to wait a few hours to read the
essay.  IMHO, it's worth your time.

Dave Thacker