[olug] SUSE Linux 9.3 help

Joe Gulizia jrguliz at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 17 12:24:28 UTC 2005

I was running SUSE 9.3 professional when my hard drive
started to lock-up often.  Now it is to the point
where I cannot get hda11 (Home directories) to mount.

I think the hard drive is going bad.  How can I get
the home directories and their information retrieved
and saved?

I did have a cron job (backup) that ran nightly onto
another drive.

I basically need to be able open a word processor and
print it out to an HP Deskjet 842C (kids homework).

Currently I'm using a Knoppix live CD if that helps.

Thanks in advance.