[olug] congressman Terry needs more attention

Neal Rauhauser neal at lists.rauhauser.net
Mon Nov 7 19:49:22 UTC 2005

  I've never owned a TV in my life, but I have lived with people who
have them. The last time I watched television with any regularity there
were new Three's Company episodes on the air.

  I will occasionally rent or purchase a DVD which usually gets watched
at my girlfriend's house. I've recently started doing some consulting
for a high end video conferencing company. Adding those two items
together I think I am fairly close to my first television purchase - a
27" flat panel so I can mount it, a small DVD player, a video
conferencing terminal, and not clutter up my space.

  I could afford to go and get the flat panel today ... but if its going
to somehow get devalued on 15 January 2006 do I really want to shell out
the $900 for the machine and its mount? I think not ...